What we ask for
We ask for the following information:
- Customer email address – we use this information in the event that we need to send you a receipt, make contact regarding any details of your order or submission of any item that you would like Sign of the Times to sell on your behalf. As well as to update you on the new stock we have in store and online unless you choose to unsubscribe.
- Customer full name and address – we use this information for credit card validation and for shipping your items. As well as for direct mailing if other forms of contact do not work.
- Customer telephone number / mobile number – we use this information to contact customers in the event of problems with their order such as payment failures or delivery problems and for SMS or Whatsapp updates. We will also use it to contact you about offers on and reductions of your items for sale as well as collection reminders at the end of your selling term. We use Whatsapp for buyer and seller messaging if you have opted in.
- Delivery name and address – we use this information in order to be able to deliver items you have bought or we are returning as your agent in the event of a no sale. It is vital that the recipient’s address is accurate and includes a full postcode.
- Delivery telephone number – we use this information to contact the recipient in the event of a difficulty in delivering the item. We will not contact the recipient under any other circumstances.
- Occasionally we will ask both buyers and sellers to provide extra forms of identification or proof of purchase. This includes but is not limited to a copy of: a receipt, passport, proof of address or proof of payment.
- All of your data is stored behind password protection and our staff have read and signed a data protection policy. In the event of a data breach, we will contact the affected parties within 24 hours of our knowledge.
- Our website uses these "cookies" to collect information and to improve our Service. Cookies are files with small amount of data that is commonly used as an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
- If fraudulent buying or selling of stolen goods is suspected by the police, we will be expected to pass on any relevant information without informing you.
- If you would like to know what data we have of yours, or if you request a copy please contact email@example.com and we will aim to respond to you with the information within five working days.